Return to About UNCSA
The Comedy of Errors
Photo by Steve Davis
* The UNCSA signifies academic and artistic creativity and excellence that
rivals the most respected arts programs and conservatories in the world.
* The UNCSA is known as the school for the whole artist because of our
holistic and integrated approach to training artists who not only excel in their
craft but also have the agility to thrive in a rapidly changing world. Our
students excel in their art based on a foundation in tradition, a broad spectrum
of learning and experience, a passion for inquiry, and a spirit of creativity.
Our success is acknowledged by those who approach us to learn our best practices
and to help them solve complex problems.
* The UNCSA is a diverse community across our student body, faculty and staff
of inspired creators focused on molding the future for all to experience.
Collectively we value and demonstrate open two-way communications and
* The UNCSA is supported by the state of NC, the federal government,
corporations, foundations and individuals to ensure access for talented students
of all socio-economic backgrounds, to provide state-of-the-art facilities and to
support instruction and performances that are the definition of excellence.
* The UNCSA is recognized in our community as a source of our region’s and
our state’s economic prosperity and social well-being, and valued for its
service and civic responsibility.
* The students, faculty and staff of the UNCSA feel like they are part of a
campus community that is unique, stimulating, challenging, supportive,
nurturing, optimistic and fun.