The University of North Carolina School of the Arts specializes in Visual and Performing Arts and understands that as an artistic international student you have special needs and questions. International Student Services (ISS) strives to make the resources and answers you desire easy to find. While going over this information and our website, you may have additional questions that require individual attention. If so, please contact our International Student Coordinator:
Zachary Templeton - International Student Admissions
ISS helps international students by providing support and assistance when applying for, attending, and progressing beyond their studies at UNCSA. We help international students successfully adapt to the linguistic and cultural differences they encounter while attending a school in the United States. Working with staff and faculty, ISS helps students address language and cultural barriers to help them achieve the widest possible margin of success in their artistic, academic and personal lives.
Some examples of the services ISS offers include:
- Advising by providing primary campus support for the international student body. We are here to help!
- Academic support for students whose first language is one other than English.
- A Coordinator with exceptional understanding of international students’ needs both before and during their UNCSA experience.
- Assistance with cultural assimilation and integration within the UNCSA community upon the student’s arrival. This includes individual advising as well as community awareness events.
- ESL (English as a Second Language) instruction, which provides additional support of the English language. These courses are non-credit and offered through the Division of Academic Programs.