- Get Out - If there is a safe escape route, run to the nearest exit without running in a straight line.
- Call Out - Call UNCSAPD at (336) 770-3362 or 55 from any campus phone.
- Hide Out - If not able to get out safely, hide in an area where you are well-hidden and well-protected.
- Keep Out - Lock yourself in a room, turn off all lights, barricade door with heavy furniture, and turn off all noise-producing objects (includes cell phone). Stay Quiet.
- Spread Out - Do not huddle in groups.
- Take Out - If shooter comes into your area, do whatever it takes to survive: Distract and overcome by everyone throwing books, backpacks, chairs, and desks. As a last resort, everyone rush the shooter at once.
- ALL STUDENTS – Please take a few minutes to view this short video titled “Shots Fired on Campus/When Lightning Strikes (Student Edition).”
It provides guidance for surviving an active shooter situation.
From the Center for Personal Protection & Safety