More than 100 video cameras are positioned in strategic locations across campus to enhance your personal safety, campus security, and identification of anyone involved in criminal activity.
No need to walk alone if you are uncomfortable; call UNCSAPD at (336) 770-3321 to receive a security escort to your campus destination.
Have your laptop, iPod, or other items engraved with your identifying information. Just bring the item to the Police Department; it’s free!
Rape Aggression Defense (RAD)
Police instructors teach faculty, staff and students basic self defense.
Other Safety Tips
There are certain steps you should take to enhance your personal safety:
- Do not walk alone at night and avoid isolated areas.
- Always lock your car and residence doors.
- Have your keys ready as you approach your car or residence.
- If you suspect you are being followed, go to the nearest Emergency Call Box or call UNCSA Police.
- Keep valuables out of sight; monitor your possessions as you walk around campus.
- Use the buddy system at social events and avoid excessive use of alcohol.
Research shows a link between excessive use of alcohol and the occurrence of sexual assaults on a campus.
- Always be aware of your surroundings. Leave any uncomfortable situation.