Applications must be received in the Office of Admissions by the dates listed below. Accompanying application documentation must be received in the Office of Admissions before the date of your audition or interview.
In order to facilitate a smooth admissions process and speedy review of applicant files, applicants are encouraged to apply by a set of priority dates. Each priority date acts as a dealine by which you must apply in order to have an audition or interview during a given timeframe. Please review the audition and interview dates for your selected program to ensure you apply by one of the priority dates. Please be aware that each arts school has different audition and interview dates and that a school may not have dates after a certain time.
- 10/24/2014 - Applicants who apply before October 24, 2014 will be eligible to audition for any of the published dates.
- 1/16/2015 - Applicants who apply after October 24, 2014 but before January 16, 2015 will be eligible to audition for any published dates after February 1, 2015.
- 03/13/2015 - Applicants who apply after January 16, 2015 but before March 13, 2015 will be eligible to audition date after April 1, 2015.
Click the following link to view the audition dates. Make sure to only select dates in the column labeled "School of Music." Note: some of the dates are for voice auditions only.
Audition Dates PDF
All auditions are held on the campus of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts.
Applicants check in at 8:00 am at Watson Hall and may expect to spend the entire day on campus. Audition times are assigned at check-in.
Brass applicants should call the School of Music at 336-770-3260 to schedule an audition. The Office of Admissions does not schedule brass auditions.
Graduate voice applicants visit www.fletcheropera.com for audition dates and locations.
The University of North Carolina School of the Arts reserves the right to cancel and reschedule auditions, or make other arrangements with the applicant due to inclement weather. If weather prohibits an audition from being held the cancellation notice will be placed on www.uncsa.edu.
The School of Music requires all candidates to audition either live or by sending an audio recording or DVD. Audition Requirements are listed for each instrument.
*Priority for merit scholarship consideration will be given to applicants who audition between January 23 and February 21, 2015.
|INSTRUMENTAL & COMPOSITION AUDITION DATES
|Friday, January 23, 2015*
|Friday, February 6, 2015*
|Friday, February 13, 2015*
|Friday, April 3, 2015
VOICE AUDITION DATES
|Saturday, January 24, 2015*
|Saturday, February 7, 2015*
|Saturday, February 14, 2015*
|Friday, April 3, 2015
AUDIO OR DVD AUDITIONS
- Auditioning in person is strongly recommended.
- Applicants unableto attend on-campus auditions may submit a recording of the required audition repertoire.
- Audio or DVD auditions must be accompanied by a completed and signed application.
- All recordings should include the following: name, address and audition program.
- All recordings must be compatible with United States audio-video equipment. DVD or CD format only.
- Recordings will only be returned if accompanied by a self-addressed and postage-paid envelope at the time of application.
- Applicants submitting recorded auditions may, in exceptional cases, be asked to come for a live audition.
Audition Requirements (pdf)
Undergraduate Application Guidelines & Requirements for Freshmen Applicants
Undergraduate Application Guidelines & Requirements for Transfer Applicants
Undergraduate International Application Guidelines & Requirements
Graduate Application Guidelines & Requirements
Graduate International Application Guidelines & Requirements
High School Applicant Guidelines & Requirements
International High School Applicant Guidelines & Requirements
- A resume detailing the applicant’s artistic experience and educational objectives. Include the names of private teachers, and number of years you have studied with each individual.
- A complete repertoire list (title and composer).
- A list of audition repertoire (title and composer).
NOTE: Each document above can be emailed to the address: MyMaterials@uncsa.edu
-When emailing your documents, follow this format for the subject line:
Last name, First name, title of document.
For example: Doe, John, Artistic Statement
- If your name is not in the subject line we cannot guarantee that your
document(s) will be processed correctly.
- In addition, please attach documents that are only in PDF (.pdf) or Microsoft
Word format (.doc or .docx). If pictures are attached please ensure that they
are either in .jpg or .png format.
- For your records keep copies of the application and all materials mailed to the Office of Admissions. Items can get lost in the mail and cannot be returned.
- Do not mail application documentation to an arts departments. Always address materials to the following mailing address:
Office of Admissions
University of North Carolina School of the Arts
1533 S. Main St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27127